Thursday, January 6, 2011

Quality control

I just finished walking through samples for our Fall '11 season with two of our Quality Assurance team members. I was looking for garments with potential social and environmental risks (hand embroidery or beading that could cause poor working conditions, ostrich feathers, etc.) while our QA team was looking for quality risks (difficult-to-achieve pleating, colored suede, etc.).

To me, I enjoy seeing the clothes that we will be producing, but it's also interesting to see how other people view the garments. Now I find myself examining today's outfit, looking for unfinished seams, poorly constructed button holes, etc. I suppose if I were in a QA job, I'd find it very difficult to buy clothes since all the imperfections would jump out at me!

No comments: