Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Artsy fartsy

Last night, DJ Mother Nature took me to the ICA for the opening of a new exhibit by Catherine Opie, a photographer who is apparently known for images of football youth, lesbians of all ages and surfers. Sadly, none of those works were included in this collection, but the exhibition was still nice - mostly sunsets and Boy Scout jamborees and womyn.

I've wanted to visit the ICA since arriving to Boston, but it's so rare that I take time out to do cultural things. So, I'm grateful that DJ Mother Nature suggested I accompany him.

It's a very small museum, and I think the building was more interesting than the actual works of art within. Since it was an opening reception for members, there was very good people-watching. DJ Mother Nature knew several people, including an agressive and annoying lesbian and I actually ran into a former co-worker! It was nice to get out and about on the town and do something different. Or do something, period!

No comments: