Sunday, April 3, 2011

When the beat goes boom

I'm very busy catching up on the television shows I missed while traveling in Asia, and at the top of my list is All About Aubrey on Oxygen. When Ms. O'Day made her debut years ago on Making the Band, I became instantly intrigued by her, the obvious star of the show.

And as a member of Danity Kane, Aubrey still kept my attention, even though I started to relate better to some of the other girls who were more down-to-earth. Still, Aubrey's sass was interesting and kept my attention. Hell, I even bought her issue of Playboy!

So, as she tries to make a comeback, I am interested to see how Aubrey's journey continues. This show, however, is a hot mess. There are so many contrived situations, her makeup and clothing are ridiculous and her "friends" are horrible. I enjoy the parts where she's rehearsing, in the studio and generally doing her music thing, but I could definitely do without the rest of it.

No comments: