Wednesday, May 26, 2010

It was just Charlie Salinger's dream

It's been a few days since Lost ended its run and I've been pondering the season finale. What if it had ended Newhart-style and featured Matthew Fox, waking up as Charlie Salinger, surrounded by his beloved brothers and sisters from Party of Five? I think I could have been on board for that conclusion, even if it would not have made much sense tonally.

But seriously, did I like the finale? Well, yes and no. I appreciated seeing characters from throughout the season and I liked the emotional closure the episode gave to each.

However, I think some fundamental questions remain unanswered, and this is a cop-out. If you're going to ask us to follow along as your characters skip ahead in time, back in time, and into some other parallel universe, I want to understand some basic mechanics of the island that's creating all this! And I just did not like the whole "put a cork in it" approach to resolving the good vs. evil issue.

No comments: