Monday, May 24, 2010

Warming the house

I woke up unusually early yesterday to prepare for our little housewarming brunch. My duty was to shake the cobwebs out of my brain and make two quiches: one with bacon, and another inferior version without bacon. I learned that it's remarkably easy to make a quiche and probably something I'll do again soon.

Puppy and I cooked, cleaned, bought coffee and donuts, put out boozes and welcomed our friends to celebrate our arrival in Boston. Throughout the day, I think we entertained five kids, ranging in age from six weeks to three years old.

Parties with kids are sort of new for me, and I didn't expect all the chaos that comes with toddlers. Fights over sharing, eating, playing ... who could have expected that? Plus, all the spitting up, crying, diaper-changing... It definitely seemed like a turning point in the types of parties that I'm used to throwing.

But it was a fun event and we now have tons of champagne, juice and eggs in our fridge. Some friends even stayed well past the "end" of the party and we continued imbibing and ordered some pizzas to soak up all the alcohol. Unfortunately, it didn't seem to soak up enough because I am fuzzy-brained today at work. Oy.

No comments: