Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Fast food world

One of the things I enjoy most about traveling is sampling the local cuisine. I can't help it - I'm an eater.

This morning, after enjoying the hotel breakfast buffet, we traveled for three hours to visit a "nearby" factory. After our tour of the facilities, lunch arrived. I've had some spectacular lunches during factory visits, both at nearby restaurants or on-site. Today, however, was the first time I was given fast food!

Our lunch came from Pizza Hut and consisted of two small pizzas with chicken, some garlic bread and some chicken wings. It was pretty consistent with the Pizza Hut from home, but I didn't try the wings. I'm not sure if the factory thought this would help me feel at "home" (where I don't eat Pizza Hut) or if it was simply what they ordered on a regular basis, but in either case, I was kind of bummed.

Driving back to the hotel, I noticed a McDonalds billboard that advertised a "Prosperity Burger" and made a point of noting that it was "BEEF!" It also displayed the number one could call for "McDelivery." I guess I'm grateful we had pizza rather than a McSpaghetti for lunch.

No comments: