Sunday, March 13, 2011

Reunited and it feels so good

Last week, while in New York for work, I had the chance to meet up with VALedictorian and SameBrain for dinner one night. We think it's been about a decade since the three of us were last together. Certainly, we've seen each other one-on-one when we travel to each others' cities, but it goes to show how quickly we move about.

At SameBrain's suggestion, we went to a very yummy tapas restaurant and ordered all the items that sounded a bit outrageous: squid ribbons, blood sausage bundles and a rich foie gras were just the start.

But once dinner was finished, we decided we couldn't simply return home (even though I promised myself that I would) so we headed out to a nearby bar where I was introduced to Patron Cafe, a new liqueur that may be my favorite.

Our conversation ranged from careers, to relationships, to the goings-on of our high school classmates. It was really nice to be together once again - even just for one night.

No comments: