Friday, March 18, 2011

Indochine influence

The breakfast buffet is probably my biggest indulgence whenever I travel overseas for work. I love sampling all the different foods and taking advantage of the variety of cuisines available.

At today's feast, I had the usual fruit, eggs, sausage, etc., but also indulged in a big bowl of pho. After all, I am in Vietnam! Usually, I skip the dessert area, but one of our VPs informed me that this hotel has very good chocolate croissants. So, I felt like I had to give it a try.

And I'm so glad I did! It was one of the best chocolate croissants I'd ever had, so I had to eat two!

The other pastries also looked amazing, but I can try those in the days to come. For today, I relished the pho/pain au chocolat combination - one of the benefits of French imperialism, I guess!

No comments: