Sunday, September 26, 2010

Family time

I can't, in good conscience, come to Hong Kong without seeing my family, but this visit had me missing my parents like ships passing in the night. When I arrived for my night at the airport, they headed to Shanghai, and when I returned, they were still gone.

But after my dad returned yesterday, and after we finally got in touch, he rounded up his brother and sister and they came over to my hotel to catch up. It turns out they (except for my dad, who was traveling from Shanghai) spent their Sunday in typical fashion: at the races.

I felt guilty for not joining my family during my brief time in Hong Kong (and not getting to see my grandmother), but I would have been bored out of my skull had they dragged me to the races. I've been there every single time I come to town and the novelty has sure worn off.

It was nice, however, to see my dad, uncle and aunt for a brief moment yesterday while we were all in town. And it was nice of them to trek to my hotel for a nightcap, but basically we spent the time looking forward to Lil' Bro' Panda!!!!'s wedding.

No comments: