Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Unnecessary upgrade

When I arrived at the airport yesterday afternoon, I learned that my flight to New York was canceled. Instead of waiting three hours for the next flight to Laguardia (Thanks, holiday weekend, for reducing the number of shuttle flights), I opted to fly into JFK 30 minutes after my originally scheduled flight.

As a bonus, I got upgraded to first class, which made me kind of excited, even if it was for such a short flight. And today, when I left New York for Washington, DC, I was upgraded again to first class!

So, I appreciate the extra room and all, but you don't really get much more for first class on such a short flight. In addition to a tiny bottle of water, we were offered a small bag of Sun Chips or a banana. I guess I could/should have ordered a cocktail.

No comments: