Monday, November 23, 2009

F is for fat

I was really impressed/depressed by the movie Precious the other night. It's such an unnerving story and made me want to know more about the protagonist. I may even read the book!

There's all sorts of Oscar buzz surrounding the movie and its stars. Mo'Nique did an impressive job of leaving behind her comedic persona and becoming the devil. But her voice is so distinct that I kept hearing her as the headmistress from the original season of Charm School. "Thank you, Darra, for coming out dressed as air."

1 comment:

Gleemonex said...

No way can I see this. I'll appreciate it from afar, take others' word for it, etc. Can. Not. HANDLE. the topic of child abuse/neglect in any form. Even if it is ultimately an uplifting or at least hopeful or instructive tale.