Monday, November 30, 2009

Leftover land

One of the downsides to hosting Thanksgiving is being stuck with a refrigerator filled with Thanksgiving leftovers. I guess some might consider this a benefit, but when you're already approximately 10 ell-beez overweight, this is definitely a curse! Plus, I personally have no self-control so I've been stuffing my face at every chance I get!

Despite being saddled with all the carbs, Thanksgiving was a success! Puppy deserves major props for roasting a juicy, flavor-filled turkey and we had sides galore. Even though people ate with plates on laps, my family seemed to enjoy Thanksgiving in a cozy city dwelling. Gramps made a new friend in Victor Kiriakis (feeding the cat will definitely place you in his favor) and my neighbors probably have a new "appreciation" for my father's karaoke prowess.

The next day, I was exhausted and broken. I felt a little bit sick, but my back was in very poor condition, I think from vacuuming and cleaning all day. Someone really should consider making vacuums, mops and brooms for taller people.

No comments: