Thursday, December 3, 2009

Baby barfy

After freshening up this afternoon, I made my way to Policy Wonkette's house and had a lovely early dinner with her and her new baby. According to plan, I'll be seeing three more babies over the course of my DC weekend, which means I will have to get used to the squirming and the wiggling.

This baby, while cute and generally very tame, is apparently afflicted with acid reflux and was doing his best Niagra Falls impression for about an hour after I arrived. Just when we thought everything was cool, I took a turn holding him and received quite the spit-up present in my lap! Hopefully, the rest of the babies I visit during this trip (and the rest of my life) won't be as generous with their fluids.

Aside from the waterworks, I had a great time catching up with Policy Wonkette and her husband, whose house made me very jealous of real estate outside of San Francisco. And driving to their home, I saw just how much 14th Street has changed since I lived here seven years ago. Neighborhoods are all gentrified!

No comments: