Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I'm bluffin' with my muffin

You guys, Lady Gaga puts on a pretty amazing show!

Last night I met up with Mattress, Beetle, Roommates A&J, Mahogany Sparkle, Lucy Ricardo and a few others to see Ms. Gaga's second San Francisco show. The venue was pretty intimate - in fact, I was there last week serving lunch to the city's homeless - and it was packed.

There were tons of kids in crazy costumes, some pretty fantastic, but most pretty tragic. Others, who looked like their little girlfriends dragged them to the show, were in pretty boring outfits and many were dressed in-between. As for myself, Mahogany Sparkle described my outfit as "lumber-jill," which seemed kind of appropriate.

As much as I enjoy Lady Gaga's songs, I'm by no means her biggest fan. After last night's show, however, I think I may be a convert. In addition to her crazy costumes and fun choreography, she has a remarkably good voice, as evidenced by her a capella moments that reminded me of Tori Amos (I think it was the piano.).

And by the end of her two-hour set, we were all frantically jumping up and down, screaming the lyrics to "Bad Romance" along with the entire audience - acting crazy and loving every second. Definitely a great performance - one of the best shows I've attended!

1 comment:

Gleemonex said...

Just when you think you know a person.

heh.