Sunday, December 5, 2010

Melt-a-meal

The winter coldness has set in, and after a day of Christmas shopping yesterday, I had a hankering for fondue. I mean, what could be better than melted cheese for dinner? There's a Boston outpost of this fondue chain I went to when I used to live in DC, so I called up, made a reservation and anticipated the melty yumminess!

The restaurant was as I remembered it - each table had a burner and the server would prepare the fondue in front of you. We had all three courses: cheese, meat and dessert, even though neither of us was very hungry when it came time to eat the dessert course.

Puppy and I decided that the meat course was kind of a letdown since all you essentially did was poach the meat. Instead, some grilled meats would have been nice to dunk in the cheese course. Why hasn't anyone thought of that?

No comments: