Thursday, December 16, 2010

Soccer mom Panda!!!!

Something I detest about spending the holidays in the 'burbs is that I am without a vehicle. In a city, this is a relatively minor irritation, but in suburbia, it's akin to being a prisoner!

After meeting Wang and her family for breakfast, I promptly had to high-tail it home so my mom could take her car to an appointment while my dad was at the dentist with his car. Fortunately, my mother works within walking distance from the house, so I'll be able to use it most of the time, but when both parents need their vehicles, I have nothing better to do than work or watch the netflix I brought with me.

My mom, it should be said, drives the ultimate bougie suburban soccer mom car: a silver mercedes m class. Picture Annette Bening in American Beauty but with much less pent-up rage (Whatever happened to Mena Suvari, anyway?). So, here I am, trying to maneuver this gigantor car around town. It certainly handles differently than my little Ford Fusion, but fortunately the California roadways are made for SUVs, not horse-drawn carriages like Massachusetts.