Thursday, December 9, 2010

Of dumbbells and dumb blondes

The other night marked my triumphant return to the gym on weeknights! It was the first time I visited the gym on a weeknight since we returned to standard time so many weeks ago. It's hard to go outside when it's dark, y'all! Stop judging.

Much to my dismay, it was one of those nights I hate, where the gym tries to be all too-cool-for-school and throws a party. The DJ's music was too loud, the vendors were in the way and the two drunk girls who were playing with dumbbells and taking up my much-needed floor space were way too irritating.

These two, dressed in heels and dresses, were singing to the music, giggling, admiring their hair in the mirrors and playing with weights! I was hoping that one of them would drop a weight on the other, ending their revelry.

The worst part of this was that none of the staff seemed to care! I believe these girls might either work at the gym or be friends with someone "influential."

No comments: