Thursday, December 30, 2010

Sleighride home

On my flight yesterday, a portly old man with a white beard and long, curly white hair sat in my row. He was dressed in a bright crimson jumpsuit with "S. Claus" embroidered in white on the front. On the back was more white embroidery: "NORTH POLE FLIGHT SCHOOL."

When kids approached him (and why were there approximately 90 kids on my flight?), he entertained their questions directed at Santa Claus and he played the part of a Santa whose annual business has just ended and was ready for a break.

I wanted desperately to snap a photograph of him, but I thought it would be weird. He probably wouldn't have minded, but I wanted to catch him enjoying the rum and cokes he ordered.

2 comments:

Luther Zonko said...

We saw him at LAX about a week ago!

See: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?fbid=153131038078367&id=100001444166715&aid=31835

Panda!!!! said...

Yes,that's the guy! So strange...