Saturday, October 2, 2010

Singapore slinged

Because I couldn't fly directly from Vietnam to Indonesia, I decided to spend a night in Singapore, someplace I'd never been before. Plus, it gave me the opportunity to see Japo-Latino, who's in the country on a two-year expat assignment.

It was also nice to speak with some native English speakers, and I appreciated not having to keep up my halting, slower version of the language, which I'd been using for just over a week.

We hit the local bars and I was introduced to a "flaming lamborghini," some sort of syrupy-sweet cocktail that bartenders light on fire. Totally unsafe, totally strong and totally too much. After that, I really didn't need any more drinks, but we soldiered on and I drank way too much.

And per local going-out rules, once we'd drunk too much, we hit the food stalls at Maxwell Market and stuffed our faces with tasty street food.

No comments: