Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Go blue

I think I've arrived in the ultimate of all college towns: Ann Arbor, Michigan. I'm in town for The Nonprofit's annual conference and am staying right on the University of Michigan campus, convenient to the events.

Driving through the downtown area, everything seemed to cater toward the University. Barber shops sported blue and gold signs, pubs were clearly advertising to students and other stores had banners supporting the local teams.

People have told me this is a great time of year to be in Ann Arbor and that it's a shame there isn't a football game this weekend. Supposedly, it's the type of event that rivals Mardi Gras or New Year's in Times Square. For me, it would probably be too much, especially with thousands of people in town for The Nonprofit's conference.

No comments: