Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Isn't it bromantic?

I admit that I tuned into the beginning of last night's episode of Bromance because Lauren Conrad from The Hills was on. Besides its tenuous connection to one of my favorite guilty pleasures, this show holds zero interest for me.

LC disappointed, but what surprised me more was that none of the contestants recognized the "I'm-sort-of-hungover-and-perpetually-tired-from-too-many-late-nights-out-and-vapid-conversations" rasp in her voice.

Anyhoo, after LC left, the episode showed Brody in his shower, lathering up and scrubbing down, when two of his best friends suddenly walked in to have a discussion about an upcoming cook out. Bromance is all about straight-guy friendship and one of the gay contestants seemed put off by the fact that all they do is talk about having sex with girls. But do straight guys really nonchalantly interrupt their friends while they shower? Is it normal for a man to hold a conversation about burgers and grills whilst completely in the nude?

Obviously, these scenes are staged and scripted, but who thought that this would depict a normal occurrence in Brody's - let alone anyone's - life?

No comments: