Friday, January 16, 2009

Is Zululand like Disneyland?

Continuing down the path of "the blind leading the blind," Charlotte York and I met last night to work on our African adventure plans.

We made a bit of progress, deciding that there are three, maybe four, places we'd like to include in our two-week trip: Cape Town, Krueger National Park, Lesotho and Durban/Zululand. Unfortunately, we don't know if there's anything interesting in Durban, except for a former co-worker, and we're not sure if Zululand is truly rich in culture or fakey exploitation, Disney-style.

Furthermore, we're not sure how to get from one place to another or which order makes the most sense. So, we've again sent messages to our friends for additional information, but I think we're nearing a plan!

After approximately 10 minutes of planning, we spent another three hours gossiping. Truly, a productive night.

3 comments:

JCU said...

let me know if you need more help! your plan sounds good! durban has the coast which is nice... i didn't go to zululand when i was there though...

Shaun Morrow said...

I love in Zululand.... did you ever go? let me know - shaun.morrow@live.co.za

Shaun Morrow said...

oops - I meant I Live in Zululand - Freudian slip...