Monday, June 21, 2010

Sunday no funday

In San Francisco, Sunday is a big day to go out and have a good time. The streets are busy, the bars are hopping and there's a certain feeling of general happiness in the air.

Since moving to Boston, I've wondered if there's an equivalent Sunday afternoon diversion in this city. I thought maybe I was just out of the loop or in the wrong neighborhood or something, but I haven't been able to find anything nearly as fun on Sundays.

Yesterday, Puppy's friend Jimmy Jam called me up (Puppy is out of town for work) and we hit a local bar in the hopes of having a Sunday funday experience. The bartender was game and dutifully poured us interesting drinks, but there didn't seem to be more than a dozen people in the place at any one time (and for 30 minutes it was pouring outside, so people were simply seeking shelter). It was fun hanging out and doing something interesting on an otherwise blah Sunday afternoon, but I swear there must be something more!

No comments: