Thursday, August 19, 2010

A brand new life, brand new life, brand new life around the bend

Growing up, I enjoyed Clarissa Explains It All, and to a lesser extent, Blossom. Thus, when I found out there's a new show called Melissa & Joey starring Melissa Joan Hart and Joey Lawrence, I watched. Yes, I did.

Mel Jo Ha plays a powerful blonde lady who's challenged with parenting two kids. Former Gimme A Break star Joey plays a down-and-out fella who has a knack for cleaning and taking care of angsty teenagers. The two can't stand each other, yet Joey ends up as Melissa's live-in manny. And there's perhaps an underlying attraction!

Didn't this show already exist as Who's the Boss? I guess it is updated a bit. I'm pretty sure Samantha Micelli would never have called a teacher the C word.

I probably won't need to watch again, but I'm glad to see that Melissa's still cute and likable. However, how in the world does Joey have no hair, yet still sport a widow's peak? A mystery of nature.

No comments: