Sunday, August 15, 2010

Standing in the corner with a cold glass of homesick

Friday night was one of DJ Mother Nature's monthly spinning gigs at the local bear bar, so I rallied myself off the couch and made my way downtown. In between turns at the Mac PowerBook (Do any DJs use turntables anymore?), DJ Mother Nature was kind enough visit with me and introduce me to his friends who happened by.

He and his friends were gracious enough, but it was the first night I went out and really felt out of my element, sipping my Corona and watching everyone else have fun. I left San Francisco with a ton of friends and plenty of acquaintances, but in Boston the friends haven't come as easily. Probably because I don't go out nearly as much as I used to and probably because I have very little patience for "get to know you" conversation these days.

Fortunately, I have Puppy and two squirmy cats, but Friday night made me realize how much I miss San Francisco.

No comments: