Monday, November 1, 2010

Conference season

It's the time of year when I bounce from conference to conference, so I landed this morning in New York for another conference.

The past few days in Ann Arbor have been incredibly informative, inspiring and engaging. I lost my voice from speaking on my panels and yelling small talk across crowded dinner tables in loud restaurants. I deflected requests for jobs and informational interviews and I caught up with old friends.

But I only left Ann Arbor yesterday, spent approximately 20 hours at home, then flew to New York this morning (seated next to one of my company's C-level executives - kinda awkward). My day was spent in the Hyatt adjacent to Grand Central Station, even though I'm staying many blocks away (trying my best to help the company save a dollar or two). And while the content has been fine, the networking has already proven to be helpful. Plus, I've gotten to see a bunch of old friends from a company I used to work for. And for that reason, I'll soak up the numerous conferences, even though I feel conferenced-out.

No comments: