Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The big greasy

It's been a few days since I've returned from New Orleans, and I still haven't fully recovered. I think I'm still catching up on sleep and my body is still detoxing from all the excess. I haven't been to the gym and my gut has grown increasingly soft. I guess I'm just not as resilient as I used to be.

New Orleans is a city known for its rich, delicous food and I believe I sampled my fair share during the weekend (not that I remember everything). For the big birthday dinner bash, Lezzie N organized a very nice 3-course meal accompanied by an open bar. Clearly, that meal is lost somewhere in my "memory."

While everyone else did a swamp tour, Selives and I had some local lunch favorites. I opted for a nice jambalaya and he had red beans and rice. It was a good way to line our stomachs with grease while I recovered from the previous night out. No boat rides for this panda!

And in the hour before I flew back home, I ran back into the French Quarter, ordered up a fried shrimp po boy and ate it by the river. It was like a little picnic with the homeless! Only I had a really good meal and the others had none.

1 comment:

room8j said...

WH0 DID YOU SUE!?!?!