Sunday, November 21, 2010

Happy birthday, whoever you are

Fleshjack came to town for a good friend's birthday, so Puppy and I joined him for the festivities. We hoped that the party, located around the corner from us, would be a good way to meet people in Boston and would serve as a fun Saturday night event.

It had all the makings of a good party - a beautiful home, red velvet cupcakes, bacon-wrapped hot dogs, a boozey punch and a pageant theme. We didn't, however, do a great job at mingling. As soon as I met a couple who attended my undergraduate alma mater, we basically stood in a corner and chatted for the duration of the night.

And when it was time to leave the home and head out to dance, dance, dance all night, Puppy and I opted to just go home. We are, after all, very old.

The outcome was sort of disappointing since I still cannot recall the name of the birthday boy. Puppy also reported that the red velvet cupcakes were dry.

No comments: