Friday, November 19, 2010

Health care reform

When it comes to healthcare and benefits and such, I am a dummy. Ironic, given my brief stint in the industry, where I apparently learned nothing.

It's the last day of open enrollment and I just spent more than an hour trying to figure out what my options are for coverage next year. I tried (unsuccessfully) to figure out my benefits options online, so I had to spend some time with a very unfriendly customer service agent who made me feel dumb when she finally directed me to the correct part of the website.

Per usual, I elected the coverage option that takes the least out of my paycheck. With the changes introduced this year, however, it probably is a bad year to get in an accident or need surgery. I'm sure I won't be able to afford the out-of-pocket expenses!

No comments: