Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Insomniac


Internets, I don't know what it is, but I haven't had a good night's sleep in days. I was exhausted all day yesterday, so I was sure that I'd crash as soon as I got home, but no, I lay awake in my bed, staring at the ceiling.

And today, I just got out of a lengthy meeting where I felt like everything coming out of my mouth made no sense at all. I'm in this strange state of tiredness, delirium and giddiness. It's making me crazy and I hope that my "normal" sleep pattern returns tonight.

The more I think about it, the stranger this phenomenon seems to me because I do feel tired when I go to bed. I know that I eventually did fall asleep last night. I know this because I was painfully ripped out of my slumber this morning by my alarm. But I don't feel rested. I feel resentful that I have to wake up. And crabby.

In the meantime, I'm going to stay caffeinated to make it through the workday!

No comments: