Friday, May 29, 2009

Casual Friday

I just returned to my hotel from a meeting in one of our offices in Richmond, BC, which seems far superior to our HQ building in SF, out of which I work. Maybe it's because it's such a beautiful day, or maybe it's because my work day was approximately 2 hours long today, but I really felt jealous of the office here.

First of all, there's a cafe! I miss days of having a cafe in the building. And apparently, all the employees get bagels every Friday morning! Bagels may be too carby for me, but I still like the idea of it.

It's a technology-based business unit, so there is a game room (pool table) and I saw some folks with fun desk set-ups and toys. But the best part was ... casual attire!

I asked if it was just casual Friday, but my co-worker said it's pretty casual every day. Not only were people sporting jeans and t-shirts, but I spied some employees wearing shorts! In the office! I was totes overdressed in my woven shirt and my smart pinstriped jacket.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Panda-witz! What is this about bagels being "too carby"? Did you get that out of the Healthy Lesbian Cookbook?? As one of the honorary chosen people, you are immune to the carbs in bagels.