Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The healthy lesbian cookbook

During her 2009 visit to the Bay Area, Frannie stopped by my home for a little dinner with Puppy, Stefano DiMera and Puppy's friend Buttons. My recipes (salmon cakes and a cilantro-based salad) came from the lady on the Food Network with short, dark hair who makes healthy options. I like to think of her as the "healthy lesbian," though she evidently isn't a lesbian, despite her appearance.

Anyhoo, to up the unhealthy factor, I threw in a ham and cheese puff pastry deal as an opener and closed with ice cream sandwiches featuring salted caramel ice cream from Bi-Rite.

It was a fun time and I got to see Franny's expanding pregnant belly. We joked that The Healthy Lesbian Cookbook might make a great title for a book, but that it probably would be confusing and unpublishable. In any case, I enjoyed my unhealthy ham and cheese pastry leftovers this morning for breakfast!

2 comments:

Gleemonex said...

Dying ... the Healthy Lesbian Cookbook! I would SO buy that.

frannie said...

i really think that someone should publish 'the healthy lesbian cookbook' - i think there must be a serious market for that (if only because my mind is warped by living in the bay area). i'm still glowing from that meal.