Friday, April 9, 2010

Move it in

All my stuff arrived in Boston from San Francisco today. And like the move-out day, today was a gloomy, rainy day. I'll try not to take the weather on both moving days as a sign.

It was a relatively easy move, and three large, football-loving movers helped get me settled. The spent their time talking about the Patriots (One even had a tattoo of the team logo on his arm!), bad-mouthing the SF-based crew that packed my stuff up and warning me to be careful walking in the neighborhood at night. Welcome!

Now the new place is filled with boxes and the real work for Puppy and me begins. Sadly, the person who's responsible for assembling the very tricky media center is not available until tomorrow, so I can't yet set up my beloved television. So, it's one last night in Hingham corporate housing!

It also took me an hour to drive the 0.7 miles from the new apartment to the freeway. This better not be typical, because it's my new commute!

2 comments:

LeahFrances said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
frannie said...

maybe your SF-based crew had trouble packing correctly because some lady took her tit out on your porch and they were distracted by it. ha! i hope you can get (and stay) settled soon