Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Vehicular me-slaughter

Oh, how I long for the days of a simpler, non-car commute! Even though San Francisco's muni underground system is possibly the worst public transport system in our galaxy, I prefer being shuttled around to having to drive myself places.

This morning, I got up bright and early to head to work. When I stepped into the parking lot, I saw that my car seemed ... slanted. Well folks, I had a flat tire! Thanks a lot, Boston roads! So, I called AAA and waited two hours for them to arrive and get the spare on, causing me to miss a conference call and get to work a good 2+ hours later than originally planned.

And since I have a California license, California plates and California insurance, I figured I had to get my butt to the DMV (Why it's called the "RMV" here is anyone's guess.), which meant leaving work more than an hour early and standing in a depressing room amongst the finest citizens Braintree, MA has to offer for 1.5 hours.

Finally, I surrendered my CA license and will be on my way to becoming a Masshole. Sad.

No comments: