Monday, April 12, 2010

A new flueflenhaaguuf

Puppy and I made a trip to IKEA yesterday - an activity one should have to do only once in a lifetime. IKEA, for all its lovely inexpensive prices, is a terrible shopping experience, especially on Sundays.

We made our way through the maze of fake rooms, fought our way through crowds of slow, fatty suburbanites and screaming kids and tried to pick out some decent furniture for our new home. We ended up getting a rutbo, a couple of jonsbo grybys, a pax/komplement combination, a galant, an allak, a lack and several other odds and ends I can't remember.

To say the least, it was challenging loading everything up on the little cart and balancing it to the checkout finish line. And once we paid for everything, we had to wait an additional half-hour to schedule delivery. So much wasted time, such an annoying shopping experience.

1 comment:

Uncle Spike said...

Aww...but I love IKEA! Denver is currently IKEAless, but that changes next fall, and you best believe I will be going to worship on a regular basis. If nothing else, I find the people watching fascinating...and I always find myself saying "Oh yeah, I do need a wider spatula than the seven others I have already!" I could go on...