Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Adventures in babysitting

You know something's wrong when your boss calls your cell phone at 5:30pm when you haven't yet left work, searching for you. Usually, it means you're staying late, and so I find myself in that situation today.

Thanks to "Take Your Children To Work Day" tomorrow, I've inherited the task of designing a "health quiz" to entertain various executives' sons and daughters who will be on site tomorrow afternoon. It seems someone forgot to plan activities for the afternoon, and now that task has fallen on me.

So I'm putting together slides with kid-like clip art, asking questions like "Which of these body parts is not a muscle?" and "Which is the healthiest snack?" My next assignment is to pick up a few Disney movies, popcorn and candy from the store and get everything set up for a movie session.


I don't actually mind performing these tasks, but I wish I had known about this responsibility earlier. And I wish I knew how many kids there would be and how old they are! If these kids are teenagers, I'm screwed.

No comments: