Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Interview tip

For the past two weeks, I've been interviewing potential administrative assistants and the candidates have ranged from young go-getters who are looking to get a foot in the door of our company to "lifers" who have served as administrative assistants for longer than I've been alive.

Today's candidate fell into the latter category and it was clear that she felt confident about her prospects. She capably described how she could get the job done and how it didn't differ from her 30-plus years of experience.

However, the woman failed to make eye contact with me during the entire interview! It was so disconcerting for me to watch her staring down at her folder and fiddling with the string fastener throughout the entire interview.

I think our search continues...

1 comment:

File folder with fasteners said...

Smead End Tab File Folder With Fastener, Position 1, Manila, Letter Size, 11 pt, Straight Cut Tab, Reinforced Tab