Friday, April 10, 2009

City Hall hassle

For the first time I can remember, I actually stepped into City Hall today. And it really is a beautiful building, with quite the majestic stairway.

Sadly, the reason for my visit to City Hall wasn't for anything fun, but instead, I had to pay my property taxes. Today is the last day San Franciscans can pay property taxes without a late fee, so you can imagine how busy the place was.

Well, they city wouldn't accept my payment because the partners in my TIC hadn't paid their portion yet (contrary to their claim to me) and we were supposed to pay together. So, after conferring with my upstairs neighbor, it looks like we'll have to sort through this over the weekend and pay on Monday. One day late. With a fee.

Will someone please remind me of homeownership's benefits, again?

No comments: