Monday, June 22, 2009

BurbBQ

Last week, I accompanied Charlotte York to an after-work BBQ, hosted by one of the VPs at my former company. At first, I was reluctant to go since I, you know, left the company and everything, but I wanted to see Charlotte York and it was a good chance to catch up with some old collagues.

So, after work, we hitched a ride with one of my former teammates and braved the rush hour traffic down to San Bruno. Arriving with beer and cake, we were greeted with a lovely spread of hors d'oeuvres and I immediately dove into the guacamole!

Our host and her husband had the grill fired up and prepared a feast of spicy chicken drumsticks and a really nice chateaubriand. There was a wonderful fruit salad, three different cakes for dessert and a pretty incredible view of Mt. Tam!

But mostly, it was really nice to reconnect with friends and former co-workers. It made me realize how much I miss working with a team of fun, kind-hearted people and made me feel a little sad that, although I enjoy my current work, whenever I leave my present company I probably won't have the great friends I made at my last job.

No comments: