Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Special delivery

The other day, I picked up two parcels from the Post Office and was thrilled to see that my purchases from the Pan-African Market had arrived! I had totally written them off, so this made me very happy.

Expecting that some of my purchases would not have survived the journey across the sea, I braced myself as I unwrapped the packages. In the first package, I found my beloved wooden giraffe, wrapped in soft padding and duct tape. When it was fully unwrapped, I realized that the legs had snapped off, but strangely, I couldn't find the legs and the stand.

Until I unwrapped the second package, that is. It turns out that the geniuses who packaged my goods snapped the giraffe in two pieces and shipped them to me in separate packages! It was simply astounding.

No comments: