Tuesday, June 16, 2009

It's Sonic good

On our way back from Calistoga on Sunday, we stopped at a Sonic drive-in, the first I've ever patronized. Since we were stuffed from a hearty breakfast, we really just pulled in for the novelty, more than anything.

It was a cute concept, where you pull into a stall, bark your order at a menu and wait for the teenaged Latina to deliver your food to you wearing a brightly colored outfit and roller skates.

I ordered a Sonic Blast with Reese's peanut butter cups and it was ... disappointing. There was far too much artificial whipped cream and it sort of made me sick. It surely didn't help that I wasn't at all hungry.

Puppy assures me that the Sonic I experienced was a bastardized version of the original concept, since this outpost had both an indoor seating area and a drive-thru. Mayhaps I'll give it another try, since they do serve tater tots.

1 comment:

Gleemonex said...

Dude. Sonic fail. You should've ordered the cherry limeade and some chili cheese tater tots.

Next time you'll know.