Friday, September 18, 2009

Movie night family reunion

Imagine my surprise when I stepped out of the movie theater to go to the restroom and I ran into ... my sister! She's visiting from Los Angeles and was in front of the theater next door, promoting a movie about Asiatic folk or something like that.

I, on the other hand, was about to see The September Issue with Lucy Ricardo, Mahogany Sparkle, Roommates A&J and Kitten. The movie was pretty freakin' good. It was respectful to its subjects - the crazies who put together American Vogue - while allowing the audience to revel in some of the absurdity of the fashion world.

It also introduced me to Grace Coddington, a former model who now serves as the Creative Director for the magazine. With her big, frizzy, red mane, she is one feisty lady who sure tried to put Anna Wintour in her place! It was great seeing these two passive-aggressive women try to collaborate to put out a magazine. Grace really stole the show. She's definitely one hot bitch!

No comments: