Thursday, September 24, 2009

Verified account

Recently, I've been following more and more "celebrities" on twitter and peeking into their lives. It's interesting to follow these folks during the normal course of their day, drinking coffee, going to the beach, getting their nails done, picking up kids, saving the world, etc.

Some of these folks simply use twitter to promote their or their friends' projects:
"The real housewives of Atlanta & me! LOL! We r on tonite @ 10pm BRAVO tune n boo boo cause it's on" - NeNe Leakes

"Heading 2 Days - shooting 2 eps today, then off to see @BrookeBurke and @DENISE_RICHARDS strut their gorgeous mom selves on the catwalk" - Alison Sweeney

"Today is the third and final day taping Sweatin' to the Oldies 5. Tomorrow we will tape Tonin' to the oldies. In... http://bit.ly/1k3bcm" - Richard Simmons

Others invite followers into the more mundane aspects of their lives:
"Getting my hair cut & colored this morning." - Candace Cameron

"School drop off, pilates, Book, meeting new girls for Belle Gray, car pool, Delilah Ballet, Amelia in after school, homework, dinner, bed." - Lisa Rinna

A few try to show they have a social or environmental conscience:
"Right Action for Women is my foundation.We will provide funds to those at high risk to get the proper screening they need for breast cancer" - Christina Applegate

"Another day of studying modern day slavery. I'll let u know how it goes." - Ashton Kutcher

Some have day-long conversations with each other:
"you lookeed gorgeous, and did really well. It's hard to go out there, and you were so lovely and gracious..." - Denise Richards to Kathy Ireland

"Speaking of GORGEOUS>>>>Pardon me..but UR just as beautiful as can be..and so warm..." - Kathy Ireland to Denise Richards

"thamk u so much, so sweet of u..didn't get me far on the show:)) I sent u a DM...xo" - Denise Richards to Kathy Ireland

Many just try to stay relevant:
See above.

For whatever reason, I find this pretty fascinating and time-consuming. Work productivity has definitely plummeted.

1 comment:

Gleemonex said...

I follow Paul Feig, Rob Corddry, Mindy Kaling and a few other rando celebs -- your list is kind of amazing. I feel you on keeping up with the feed though -- god, is it addictive. I worry a tiny, tiny bit about the really detailed "where am I now" posts -- like the one from Lisa Rinna. Total stalkerazzi material, if a person were so inclined. :-(