Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Homeownership joys

Who ever said that homeownership was a good thing? My neighbor called this morning to let me know that the garage ceiling is leaking. Apparently, water (I hope it's water) was dripping through a pipe and light fixture onto my parking spot.

So, I've been trying to get in touch with a plumber who can come to the house, check it out and give me a quote that hopefully won't be too outrageous. I'm not sure the repair job will be too fun, but I guess it has to be done.

In addition, one of the burners on my stove completely flamed out. For that, I have no one to blame but myself, but I still would rather not deal with the hassle.

And this is on top of the dishwasher and shower repairs I had done in November. Cash money, out the door!

Hopefully, I'll change my tune when my taxes are done this year.

No comments: