Thursday, January 21, 2010

Lux life

No one should be surprised that I checked out the new CW television show, Life Unexpected, last night. It's being marketed as Juno meets Gilmore Girls, which doesn't necessarily appeal to me as much as the fact that it's on the CW does.

The first episode was very predictable, kind of saccharine-sweet, yet really engaging. I love that Shiri Appleby is on it because I kind of adore her from years ago. I didn't watch her on Roswell (It was on during a very, very strange period of my life when I didn't watch much television.), but I saw her on The Rosie O'Donnell Show and was incredibly charmed by her.

The girl who plays Lux, the requisite teenager with a vocabulary and wit years beyond her age and education, did a very good job as well - another cute blonde to add to my repertoire of fave actresses. But who cast this show? Throughout the entire episode, I couldn't help but think that Lux looks nothing like the actors who play her parents! Maybe there will be some upcoming twist that reveals she's been lying this whole time.

1 comment:

Gleemonex said...

What is she, pregnant?