Thursday, February 19, 2009

Green clean

Charlotte York came to teach some of my colleagues about creating a "healthy" home, avoiding toxic substances and trying to reduce your daily impact on the planet. The topic is obviously one of interest because people came to hear her and sat on the floor!

However, I wonder if we only succeeded in spooking the audience. After the presentation, all I want to do is scrub my home from top to bottom and keep scrubbing forever (using non-toxic cleaning products, of course).

When is it going too far? If I take everything she said at face-value, I'd never use my microwave, never store foods in plastic, get rid of my mattress, invest in a new shower curtain, buy some less harmful furniture, time my hand-washing and ... basically never go outside!

No comments: