Tuesday, February 3, 2009

LIghts, camera...

I just spent a few minutes taping a segment for a corporate video on diversity and inclusion. It's thanks to my Asian persuasion background that I'm included in these "opportunities," not because I'm particularly articulate (especially on camera) nor because I'm an expert on the subject.

The whole experience, which lasted only 20 minutes, made my poor little heart race faster than I expected. When I arrived, I was seated on a stool, under very bright lights, and a large man slipped a microphone through my shirt, then patted my face down with foundation ("It removes the shine," he said.).

I was instructed to think of the camera as "a good friend" and speak directly at it, while a lady posed questions from the other side of the room.

In all, it was an interesting experience and I had to start two of my responses over because I messed up mid-stream. It really is a good thing my career isn't in live television!

No comments: