Sunday, February 1, 2009

Half marathon morning

I woke up very, very early today (for a Sunday, anyway) to go cheer on Puppy and his friend as they ran the Kaiser Permanente Half Marathon in Golden Gate Park. Periwinkle picked me up in a cab and we stood at the designated cheering spot, looking for Puppy's yellow and black "bumblebee" outfit.

When they passed us, Puppy exclaimed, "Where's the sign?" since Periwinkle had promised that he would make some signs to help cheer them on. We had a while before they would reach the finish line, so Periwinkle made an impromptu sign out of a Hotel for Dogs movie poster and a borrowed sharpie.

We went to the finish line, watched the runners sprint, stumble and crawl to the end and cheered our running friends again as they made it to the end. Exhausted but undeterred, they went through the event expo and we convened for our 11:30am brunch reservation at the Beach Chalet.

I feel exhausted from watching and cheering, I'm not sure how I'd feel if I'd actually done anything today.

No comments: