Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Time for my treatment

I was excited to watch Friday night's premiere of Dollhouse, the new television series created by Joss Whedon, who brought Buffy the Vampire Slayer into my life.

And I can honestly say that I'm excited to see more, even if I was a bit underwhelmed by the first episode. Eliza Dushku, who made a great Faith on Buffy, does not hold my attention the same way Sarah Michelle Gellar managed to. And where was the signature Joss snarkiness? I couldn't detect any humor in the pilot at all.

It was, however, comforting to see that Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's cousin is still getting work when the new American Gladiators isn't on the air. His boxing sequence with Tahmoh Penikett (Helo from Battlestar Galactica!) was bizarro, but quite pleasing to watch.

1 comment:

Gleemonex said...

Wait, what? Helo? Where? I WANT TO GO TO THERE.

And -- OMG, LOL -- my security word on this comment is: farkable.

HELLS to the yeah.