Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Las ladies locas

Last night, I met up with BoomCat for a little movie treat. Because she's seen every movie out there, we ended up seeing He's Just Not That Into You, which I wasn't that excited to see, but went along with because I love Ginnifer Goodwin. And since there were so many high-profile lady actresses in it (Jennifer Aniston, Jennifer Connelly, Drew Barrymore, Scarlett Johansson, Ben Affleck!), I thought it might prove to be better than the commercials led on.

Well, I was wrong. The characters were whiney, neurotic stereotypes and if this is how women truly relate to each other, it's no wonder straight men flee from long-term relationships and marriage. Each of the characters came across as desperate, insane, hysterical and unworthy of the love they sought. It was as if each character were purposefully sabotaging her own relationship but completely baffled by why her crazy behavior pushed people away.

Neither BoomCat nor I enjoyed the movie, made especially more painful by the trio of Spanish-speaking girls behind us who would not shut up.

1 comment:

Panda!!!! said...

I put Ben exactly where she belongs, especially in this movie, where she clearly played a woman.